SoonerCare is Oklahoma’s Medicaid program. It is a federal and state entitlement program that provides medical benefits to low-income individuals who have no or inadequate health insurance coverage.
Oklahoma Medicaid guarantees coverage for basic health and long-term care services based upon income and resources for eligible Oklahoma residents.
|Appeal a Denial||405-522-6205|
|Find a Local Office||County Locations|
To be eligible for Oklahoma Medicaid, you must be a resident of the state of Oklahoma, a U.S. national, citizen, permanent resident, or legal alien, in need of health care/insurance assistance, whose financial situation would be characterized as low income or very low income.
You must also be one of the following:*
- Be responsible for a child 18 years of age or younger
- Have a disability or a family member in your household with a disability
- Be 65 years of age or older
* ACA Medicaid expansion covers eligible low-income adults.
Annual Household Income Limits (before taxes)
|Household Size*||Maximum Income Level (Per Year)|
*For households with more than eight people, add $6,038 per additional person.
Available Services Include:
|Ambulance services||Mental health services|
|Chemotherapy and radiation therapy||Nursing facility services|
|Child health||Nutritional services|
|Dental services (limited for adults)||Pregnancy services|
|Medical equipment and supplies||Personal care services|
|Family planning services and supplies||Outpatient hospital services|
|Home health services||Physician services|
|Inpatient hospital services||Prescription drugs and insulin|
|Podiatry services||Maternity services|
|Laboratory and X-ray services||Quitting smoking & tobacco|
|Medical supplies and equipment||Rural health clinic services|
Additional Services for Children:
- Hearing aids
- Optometric services
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Private duty nursing
- Speech, hearing, and language disorder services
Oklahoma charges $4 each for most office visits and prescriptions.
The following groups and services are exempt from copays:
- Certain American Indians and Alaskan Natives
- Persons receiving Nursing Home care
- Persons receiving hospice care
- Pregnancy-related services